Now that she's settled in, Lily's funny personality quirks are showing up.
1) She's fascinated by water and boats. She stops and stares at the water when we're on a bridge or walking next to a canal, and yesterday, we ran next to a family going by in a boat before it got really weird.
2) She likes chasing birds. Chickens and ducks get her into a frenzy. It was cute at first, but now it seems to get her over-excited and all over the place on our jaunts out. We're starting a week of controlled even-paced jogging. I'll have to think about running her next to my bicycle.
3) She started barking sometimes over the weekend. I think she feels comfortable now, and knows this is HER house. So, we're going to start stop/re-direct training when she starts.
4) She marks like a boy. As in lifts one leg and tinkles over things she finds interesting, or (and this is funny) other dogs' poo in the street, as if to say, 'huh, you think you own this place? well, I'm marking your poo.' Good girl. I really hate it when people don't pick up after their dogs.
5) She has an issue with a mole on my shoulder. She thinks it's a bug crawling on Mommy and gnawed on it once. She tried to lick off a spot on my knee, too. Cutie.
Her Doggy Ride is arriving today. I've scoped out the nearest trails and beaches, yay.